Tuesday, February 25, 2014

"Girls" Ratings Drop

The liberal medias favorite HBO series doesn't seem to be much of a hit with audiences.

'TRUE DETECTIVE' GAINS FANS WHILE 'GIRLS' SHEDS VIEWERS
Lena Dunham snared her first Saturday Night Live hosting gig at the best possible time. Her HBO series Girls could sure use a PR boost.
The media long ago declared Girls the Next Great Television Series without noticing how few people actually watch it. Scribes were equally effusive about Dunham despite a thin track record.
Dunham's "breakout" film, the 2010 indie dramedy Tiny Furniture, barely registered on the pop culture radar The 2012 feature Nobody Walks, which she co-wrote, earned a grand total of $25,342 during its brief theatrical window.
Now, the audience for Girls in season 3 continues to shrink while HBO's new series True Detective manages to add viewers each week.~snip~
Funny story, I'm a DISH subscriber, basic channels because I live far enough out that antenna viewing is pretty impossible and also so I can watch the NFL.
I actually saw an ad where DISH was advertising "Girls" as a reason to subscribe to HBO. Now I realize that I'm outside of the viewer demographic (which is odd because I've subscribed to DISH for a few years and pay my bill on time, you would think that would be a demographic worth selling to) but it seems to me that if they want more subscribers they would advertise with stronger shows.
Or maybe they were just pandering to the commie/liberal media.
Suffice it to say that I won't be subscribing to HBO based on that recommendation.

No comments: