Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Hanoi Jane Faces her Mortality

There's one thing that's even more certain than taxes in this world.
Nobody gets out alive.

'I have so little time left!' Jane Fonda, 76, reveals she can't stop crying as she comes to terms with her own mortality
She may not look anywhere near her 76 years but Jane Fonda says she is well aware of her age.
The Hollywood legend – who has made her career in an industry which isn't exactly kind to aging actresses - admits she has been brought to tears on more than one occasion recently as she comes to terms with her own mortality.
In a thoughtful blog post entitled 'Crying', which has since been removed, Jane wrote: '[I've been thinking], how come my tears are so close to the surface? And I’ve come to feel it has to do with age. I have become so wonderfully, terribly aware of time, of how little of it I have left; how much of it is behind me, and everything becomes so precious (sic).'~snip~
Regrets are something we all have through life and as I'm getting older they've pretty well piled up but like most everyone else in the world I'm aware of my own mortality and realize the inevitability of my future.
We had a choice in life to live it well or to squander the time we've been given. When my time comes I don't plan to quietly go in the night but I also don't plan on blubbering about opportunities lost.
Life is a crap shoot and I have nothing to be ashamed of when I stand to be accountable, only those who have no explanations for their behavior have anything to fear.

No comments: