Thursday, April 11, 2013

Hanoi Jane to Veterans, Because,"SHUT UP!"

Jane Fonda, the Dennis Rodman of her day, again poking her thumb in the eye of America since 1972.

Jane Fonda tells veterans boycotting her movie 'The Butler' to 'get a life'

LOS ANGELES –  When Jane Fonda was cast as former First Lady Nancy Reagan in Lee Daniels’ forthcoming film “The Butler,” some Reagan fans were not pleased. Now, with the biographical due to hit theaters in October, a movement to boycott the movie is gaining some momentum.
Larry Reyes, a Navy veteran and founder of the “Boycott Hanoi Jane Playing Nancy Reagan” Facebook page has been particularly vocal about the casting decision, given Fonda’s past frolicking with the enemy during the Vietnam War.~snip~
Yeah I remember the outrage over this, my dad was career Army, recently retired, and he and his friends were pretty angry over the fact that she wasn't brought up on charges of aiding and giving comfort to the enemy. But then again she claims  it was all a big mistake.
Just in case anyone doesn't know.

In North Vietnam, Fonda was photographed seated on an anti-aircraft battery; the controversial photo outraged a number of Americans. In her 2005 autobiography, she writes that she was manipulated into sitting on the battery; she had been horrified at the implications of the pictures and regretted they were taken. In a recent entry at her official website, Fonda explained:
It happened on my last day in Hanoi. I was exhausted and an emotional wreck after the 2-week visit ... The translator told me that the soldiers wanted to sing me a song. He translated as they sung. It was a song about the day 'Uncle Ho' declared their country's independence in Hanoi's Ba Dinh Square. I heard these words: "All men are created equal; they are given certain rights; among these are life, Liberty and Happiness." These are the words Ho pronounced at the historic ceremony. I began to cry and clap. These young men should not be our enemy. They celebrate the same words Americans do. The soldiers asked me to sing for them in return ... I memorized a song called Day Ma Di, written by anti-war South Vietnamese students. I knew I was slaughtering it, but everyone seemed delighted that I was making the attempt. I finished. Everyone was laughing and clapping, including me ... Here is my best, honest recollection of what happened: someone (I don't remember who) led me towards the gun, and I sat down, still laughing, still applauding. It all had nothing to do with where I was sitting. I hardly even thought about where I was sitting. The cameras flashed ... It is possible that it was a set up, that the Vietnamese had it all planned. I will never know. But if they did I can't blame them. The buck stops here. If I was used, I allowed it to happen ... a two-minute lapse of sanity that will haunt me forever ... But the photo exists, delivering its message regardless of what I was doing or feeling. I carry this heavy in my heart. I have apologized numerous times for any pain I may have caused servicemen and their families because of this photograph. It was never my intention to cause harm.
 Like, just being there couldn't have possibly been used for propaganda.
What gets to me about this whole thing is that basically she's telling "right-wingers" that there ain't enough of us to make any difference for the receipts of this movie so we all should just "get a life".
Hanoi Jane has never suffered any consequences for her actions over the years because she basically got cover from the immoral degenerates that rule hollywood.

That's why they've been able to systematically tear down our culture, Jane Fonda was one of the first to thumb her nose at the people of America and suffered nothing for it, so why shouldn't the degenerates in hollywood believe they would be held accountable for their actions?

The very last movie I ever saw with Jane Fonda in it was Cat Ballou, I haven't watched anything with Jane in it since then and I have no intention of breaking that boycott.....ever.

No comments: