Thursday, June 6, 2013

Chris Matthews, Cause Some of my Best Friends Are

I've said it before but it bears repeating, MSNBC has to be one of the most race obsessed networks out there.

Chris Matthews: I Voted For Michael Steele Because He's Black
CHRIS MATTHEWS: "The good thing going for Cory Booker, if he's the candidate, Steve, is that we don't have any African Americans in the United States Senate, which I think is a disgrace. You know, it's one of the reasons I voted for my friend Michael Steele when he ran because I think we ought to have some. It's absurd in this country, it's absurd, Steve."
I wonder how close he came to saying "of those people."?
When I look at a candidate I'm looking for things like good ideas, leadership ability, has he/she accomplished anything, what are his/her values, is he/she an elitist prick or grounded in reality and can relate to his/her constituents?
These are the things I look for in a candidate.
Now if I were a liberal/progressive this is where I would add some condescending little line like, "I don't care if he/she is green,purple or black!!!"
But I'm not.
What I do care about is if he/she is a liberal/progressive.
Those I won't vote for.

No comments: