Wednesday, April 1, 2015

My Take on "Interstellar"

OK, first off I don't go to theaters anymore to see movies I buy them sometimes but mostly I wait and stream them.
If it's a movie I'm really interested in then I'll rent it on Amazon other than that I wait for it to show up on Netflix.
So last night I watched "Interstellar " on Amazon.
What the movie boils down to is the earth is dying, surprisingly no global warming lectures, and a reconstituted NASA sends ships through a worm hole that appears around Saturn.

It's a long one at 2 hours and 49 minutes. Matthew McConaughey plays a farmer/pilot and if you liked him in the Lincoln commercials then you'll like him in this. Anne Hathaway plays a scientist/love interest .......she was OK I guess.

I enjoyed the science aspect, black holes, time dilation, worm holes etc. although there was some artistic license through the move.
I don't want to give to much away because I grade movies on whether they're worth the time used to watch them and IMO this one is.

Check it out.

No comments: