Thursday, April 23, 2015

Popeyes fired employee offered job back

Somehow I don't think this is much of a happy ending. She shouldn't have been fired for the reason she was in the first place.
Unfortunately this maybe the only option left to her, then who knows what will happen when the fuss dies down.

Popeyes offers job back to manager fired after refusing to reimburse cash stolen in armed robbery
A pregnant Popeyes manager has been offered her job back after news of her firing sparked outrage against the fast-food chain. 
Marissa Holcomb, who is five months pregnant with her fourth child, met Wednesday with Z & H Foods owner Amin Dhanani, reported KHOU-TV.
“He just apologized and pretty much offered me if I wanted to go back to his business and work there again,” she said. 
Holcomb said she was offered her previous position, along with $2,000 in back pay, but she has mixed feelings about returning. 
“I do need a way to support my kids,” she said. “I don’t want to go back to a business where I’m treated the same and I just get pushed back out if something else happened.”
Holcomb said she was fired less than 36 hours after a gunman demanded cash from the restaurant’s safe.~snip~
I do hope things work out for her and her family.
Maybe this experience will be the push she needs to alter her life to be more than a fast food worker.

No comments: